Thursday, December 8, 2011

I didnt get my stimilus check yet .... i used turbo tax, will it come in the mail??

I filed for me and my husband through turbo tax. I filed married jointly, 3 kids ages 14,5 and 3. And 5 exceptions, me and hubby and 3 kids. my hubby paid turbo tax with his debit card. we got our taxes back through direct deposit. half in his acc and half in mine. we never got a letter saying anything about a stimilus check. my mom is the one who told me about it and then i saw it on the news. but when i look back at my income tax , saved on my computer , it says at the bottom of it, that we will get 600 for me and hubby and 900 for all 3 kids. 1500 bucks.





we assumed it would be direct deposit, since we got our taxes back direct deposit. my ss number was listed first, so i looked on the irs website and my last two numbers, 45 was for may 9th. well may 9th has been passed and still nothing.





today, my mom told me that a few people have told her, that if you filed through tax turbo online,ya get a check in the mail.





when i call the irs and enter my ss number, the number of exceptions and the filing married jointly status, it says they can not give me any info at this time, but if i filed a 2007 tax return and i qualify, i will recieve a check on june 13th.





i again looked at the irs website and under checks in the mail, my ss numbers, 45 (and my husbands too) does fall under june 13th.





So is that true that we will get a check in the mail on june 13th even though we did our taxes jointly, direct deposit and we got them split in both our accounts?





we didnt have turbo tax take the fees out of our tax return, we used my husbands debit card for his checking acc.





so why arent we getting our stimilus check in my checking acc or his or both?





Times are tough for everyone i know. gas, food, bills. we have 3 kids, im out of work right now because i have cancer. just finished radiation. my husband works but doesnt make much. i made more them him. so its really hard right now. we could really use that money for bills.





can ANYONE help me understand whats going on and try to answer my questions??





they need to have online live help from the irs to answer questions we all have, that are not on their website. this is all so confusing. please someone help me!!!! thank you so much!!





ps. my mom did her taxes throuh a tax place near her work, did direct deposit, had her tax return in her checking acc. she just now got her stimilus check in the mail yesterday??? what is going on?|||they are sending out checks based on the last 2 digits of your social security number...I just got on the website www.irs.gov and was able to input my information, and get an estimated date. If fees were taken out by turbo tax, you will get a paper check, even if you had your refund direct deposited. My husband and I filed seperate...my check is due to come out may 23rd, and his is due to come out june 20th, these were based on our socials. and the maximum is 1200 for a married couple, and 300 per kid, so you should possibly get the full amount of 2100. hope this helps some, and hope you get to feeling better soon|||You can check on the status by going to IRS.gov and using the "what is the status of my stimulus check" More for information on your stimulus rebate read this article "Where's my stimulus payment" at http://monitorbankrates.com|||Your rebate will be in the form of a paper check.





Even though your husband paid the original fees with a debit card, the split refund (form 8880) caused you to get a paper check.|||You will get a parer check because you had your tax returns deposited into two accounts. For more information see IRS website.|||You get your refund according to your social security number. If you have direct deposit, you should have gotten your refund check by this time. If the last two numbers of your SS# are 01, and you are supposed to be receiving a check, you should have gotten yours by now. I think the checks started to go out the middle of May. If the last two numbers of your SS# are 09, you will get your refund by the end of July. I think people up to 06, as the last two numbers on their SS#, have gotten their refund checks. However, if you previously owed the government any money, they will take this out of your refund check first. Then you will get the rest. But, if you owe more then $600 and you filed singlely, or if you owe more then $1200 and you filed jointly, you won't be receiving anything at all. Hope this helps.|||If you had your original tax refund split between yours and your husbands account, you will get a paper check.|||Because you paid your fees upfront with TT you SHOULD have gotten a direct deposit. I am thinking (but do not know for sure...) that because you split your tax return into 2 accounts that could be why you are getting a check. Our last 2 are 21, and our info just showed up last night. Keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment