Monday, December 12, 2011

Over Protective Mom: Should I make up a private facebook account?

Should I make up a private facebook account?


Alright, so, I'm 15. I don't have any adults on my facebook acc except for my mother and father.





I want to swear, but if I even say the Sh!t, my mother will get mad. I can't stand all her nagging anymore and stuff.


I get if it was important, then I'd understand, but it's like she looks on my facebook 24/7, just to get me in trouble.





Would she notice if I made another facebook account and made it private?





i've tried blocking her, and not letting her see my statuses, but she notices.|||Learn to respect your parents, no matter how much you disagree with them!|||you can control what people see on your face book account.|||If you log into facebook, up on the top blue bar there is a link for Settings. Click this, then privacy settings. There are a million different ways to customize it, but yes, you can block certain individuals from seeing certain information. You can allow your mom to see everything except your status, which is what I'm assuming you want to do. To do this, pull down the box next to Status, then click customize. You will then be able to put your mom and dad's names here so they are not able to view your status. You can also create a list within your friends and put the people in here that you want to keep certain information from. Then, when you customize, you can just block the list of people instead of having to go through and choosing each person. I set my privacy so that only friends can see my information...you don't want your school, employer, or parents to see certain things. I wouldn't create a new page, especially since it's so easy to fix your problem. Hope this helps.|||Your mom is not overprotective, she only wants to look out for you. I am 21 and I am grateful for all of the things my parents did when I was younger. I've seen kids whose parents could have cared less about what they did, but I've also seen kids whose parents physically and verbally abused them. Be glad that you have a healthy balance, because it could be a lot worse.


If you know swearing bothers your mom, then replace the swear with another word after you type the sentence out. So, if you type 'Oh, sh!t' replace it with 'Oh, crap' or something similar.


She's only looking out for you. I didn't join any social networking sites until I was almost a senior in high school. However, after I did, I made sure that all of my photos, statuses, etc were appropriate. Any future employer, current teacher, etc could see that and it could reflect poorly on you. Not only that, but it's important to show respect for your mom. When/if friends leave, she could be all you have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment