Monday, December 12, 2011

Would it be pretentious to name a daughter Belle?

which literally means "Beautiful".





I think that's a bit pretentious if you ask me.|||No. It's not uncommon in the South. ~|||Uh, nope.





I like the name Belle.......just because I like it. Not because I'm all high on myself because I think my daughter is going to be the prettiest little girl ever. However my daughter looks, she'll always be gorgeous to me, because she's my baby girl.





Belle's not pretentious.|||Bella is the technical meaning for "Beautiful" in Spanish. It is such a common name! Try something like Bellatrix or a name along those lines. Isabella and names linked to that are too heard of.|||I think it's a lovely name to be honest. I may not use it as a first name, I much rather like it as a middle name, or I'd use it as a nickname for a --belle name.





:)





Victoria|||I think it is a beautiful name! I totally would name my daughter that if I had a daughter!|||No... Belle and other similar names (ie: Isabella) are really common.|||I don't think it's pretentious in the slightest.|||It's fine as a nickname for Isabelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment